Councillors and MP
Councillors are responsible for services provided by Leeds City Council – social services, education, sports, parks, planning, refuse collection and a host of other things. If you have a problem with a council service you can ask your councillor to help you sort it out.
All nine councillors form the Inner South Area Committee, which meets about six times a year to discuss issues about our area. These meetings are open to the public and we will try to let you know when they’re coming up and tell you about their decisions.
From the folks at MySociety you can report, view, or discuss local problems like graffiti, fly tipping, broken paving slabs, or street lighting over at Fix My Street, send messages to your councillors over at Write To Them, make FOI requests here, and transport issues can be raised at Fix My Transport.
Beeston & Holbeck Ward
Includes Beeston from Cross Flatts Park up to the Co-op, Cottingley, old Holbeck. The three councillors are:
- Every Friday 4:30pm – 5:00pm St Matthew’s Community Centre
- Every Friday 5:00pm onwards Beeston Library
- Except Bank Holidays and during August
City & Hunslet Ward
Includes the city centre, Holbeck Urban Village, Beeston Hill and Hunslet. The three councillors are:
- 1st Saturday in each month 9:00am Hunslet Sports & Social Club, Moor Road
(Except New Year’s Eve/Day and August)
Middleton Park Ward
Includes Belle Isle and Middleton. The three councillors are:
- 1st Saturday of each month at 10.00am – 11.30am at St George’s Centre
Leeds Central MP – Rt Hon Hilary Benn
Hilary Benn is our MP. He represents the Leeds Central constituency which covers Hunslet, Belle Isle, Beeston, Holbeck, Cottingley in south Leeds as well as the city centre, Woodhouse, Little London, Lincoln Green, Richmond Hill, Osmondthorpe, Halton Moor and New Wortley.
Contact: , www.hilarybennmp.com
Constituency office: 2 Blenheim Terrace, Leeds, LS2 9JG; phone: 0113 244 1097; fax: 0113 234 1176
Or: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA; phone 020 7219 6714
- First Saturday of every month (except August): 10.00am – 11.15am St George’s Centre, 11.30am – 1.00am Tunstall Road Community Centre
- Fourth Friday of every month (except August):4pm – 5pm St Matthew’s Community Centre, 5.15pm – 6.15pm Beeston Library
Check out the latest on Mr Benn’s activity in Parliament over at They Work For You.